IMPORTANT INFORMATION // PLEASE READ
- Be aware that you cannot be tattooed with a sunburn or freshly tanned skin.
- Any kind of injections should be performed 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure. Preferably after.
- No chemical peels 30 days prior and you must wait 30 days after (avoiding the brow area is recommended).
- Be aware that frequent chemical peels will make your brows fade quicker.
- Retinols and other anti-aging creams or serums containing acids WILL fade your permanent makeup prematurely. Please keep all potions away from the procedure area.
- You must be OFF all Retinoids 30 days prior to your appointment. If not, the area will bleed and pigment will not heal properly.
- If you bleach your eyebrows, it is not a good idea to have this procedure done. The chemicals WILL bleach the hair & the pigment as well.
- If you have had Permanent Makeup previously done in the area of procedure, and fail to tell us, we WILL be required to refuse service and your deposit will be forfeited.
- If a client has undergone laser removal of the eyebrows, please note that there is now more scar tissue in the affected area. This can cause the pigment to fade prematurely or look blurry. There is also a chance that the area may be resistant to pigment uptake and may take more than one touch up.
- If there are any blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, bruises or other skin imperfections IN or AROUND the area of the procedure, we WILL NOT be able to do the procedure until the blemish or area of concern are completely healed.
- If you show up to the appointment and there is an area of concern, you will be rescheduled to the next available appointment (typically months out) and forfeit your deposit for the appointment time lost. A new deposit will be required to reschedule.
Powder-fill and Hair-stroke Eyebrows
We do not work on clients with the following Contraindications:
- Have eyebrow hair transplants
- Eczema or Dermatitis in or around the eyebrows (Chronic shedding, bumps, redness, irritation or flaking of the skin in the eyebrow area)
- Any type of organ transplant that requires anti-rejection medications
- MRSA-Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Severely Oily Skin is an exception with powder-fill. (Pigment will look more powdered and will fade more quickly )
- Have Thyroid/Graves disease is an exception with powder-fill. (Medications may cause the pigment to turn ashey. Please tell us before booking)
- Super thin/vascular skin
- Alopecia (Due to change in skin & follicles, not all types of Alopecia clients are candidates)
- Sunburned or freshly tanned skin
- Under 18 years of age
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated
- History of cold sores (if so, consult with your physician. Many clients avoid coldsore breakouts by taking a Valtrex cycle prior to their appointment.
- Allergies to makeup or colors
- Easily triggered post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
- Transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- Healing disorders
- Blood thinners (consult with your physician)
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or mitral valve disorder
- Accutane or steroids (consult with your physician)
- Avoid supplements with blood thinning effects. Supplements that have blood thinning effects include dong quai, fish oil, garlic, ginger, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, green tea, red clover, and vitamin E and should be discontinued 7 days prior to getting a cosmetic tattoo. These supplements may increase bleeding especially if you’re taking blood-thinning medications like warfarin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
If you are a client who had previous PMU (done prior to us) or laser removal your touch up will be every 2 yrs. If they fade more than you like, it is ok to pencil or powder until your scheduled appt. This is an enhancement and will NEVER BE A PERMANENT SOLUTION.
As we age our skin changes. IF hairstrokes are done, it WILL eventually look more powdered, this is universal with all cosmetic tattoo procedures.
If you like, you CAN come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them. Bring your colored pencil of choice.
If you get your eyebrows waxed or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least 10 days to have them waxed & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
Regular makeup can be worn immediately after your procedure, just not on the treated area until healed. Absolutely NOTHING on the brows except what we give you...No Water...no makeup, lotions, potions, pencil and exercising because of sweating for 1 week.
Vaseline to be used only when you shower then gently wipe off afterwards. If you can take a shower without getting your face wet, I prefer you do not use the Vaseline at all.
The eyebrows WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure. This is common in all Permanent Makeup applications...it will begin to soften up typically within 5-8 days. When choosing a color, it is recommended to go lighter until we see the healed results... we can always go darker at the touch up....WE cannot go lighter.
Hair strokes WILL appear crisp and bold at first, but WILL soften up in appearance as the tissue heals. The area will shed taking some color with it...this is normal. The area will begin to oxidize and darken over the 1st month.
DO NOT PICK!!!!!
It is very common to have areas fade more so than others..this is part of the healing process and will be treated at the recommended touch up appointment. Previously done eyebrows may take 1-3 treatments to achieve the desired result. Scar tissue in the brow area of eyebrows done multiple times WILL require additional procedures and fees will apply.
Red heads, blonds & fair skin types WILL experience more swelling, redness and fading than darker skin types.
Clients with darker skin (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.), Please know that Hair Strokes WILL NOT appear as defined or as dark as lighter skin types due to the skin color already being naturally darker.
Touch-ups on old corrections or clients that have had tattoo removal will need a color refresher every 2 yrs.